Chicken Enchilada Pinwheels

Ok so I don't know about you but we are all getting ready for Christmas here, and our work Christmas party is next weekend. It's is a potluck, and I was stuck thinking of what to bring, and I was having a hard time because I live about 45 minutes away and I didn't want to have to lug my crockpot around since it is a large, 3 pot buffet style crockpot (I just got a new one though that's just a single 7qt). Anyways there isn't a lot of plugs ins around so I figured something that was cold would be best. So I was scrolling Pinterest trying to find something. Then I thought what about pinwheels, so I was searching for those when I found something similar to the one that I'm going to show below. I changed it up a bit to fit my tastes, so I'm going to share it with you and tell you that they are pretty easy to make and they don't take a whole lot of prep work, or time to make. I hope you enjoy!

Chicken Enchilada Pinwheels

Serves about 20 rolls

Ingredients
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1 1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken (I did about 2 chicken breasts)
3/4 cup of diced tomatoes with green pepper, onion and celery (or with green chilies), well drained
1 clove of minced garlic
2 green onions sliced
3 tortillas (I used regular ones, but the jalapeno ones would be pretty good for this
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
In a large bowl mix everything together (except the tortillas) until well blended. Spread an even layer of the mixture on the entire surface of the tortillas. Roll the tortilla up tightly. Refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes), this is an important step, which I missed which is why mine aren't completely round. Slice into about 8 slices per tortilla (depending on the size). Eat the end two (haha) and put the rest on a platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Bread

I've always loved making bread, but I've never really been good at it. I think it was a mixture of having old ingredients and having...