Slow Cooker Pork and Beans

My boyfriend really liked this recipe so I'm going to share it with all of you. My mom used to make pork and beans back when I was little.

Slow Cooker Pork and Beans

Prep: 30 mins    Cook Time: 6.5 hours  
2 lbs of your favorite dried beans (I used white because that's what I had)
1 tbsp of salt
3 cups of water
1 pkg of bacon or cut up pork chops (whichever you prefer, I used bacon, but make sure it's really crispy)
1 cup of onion, diced
1 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3 tbsp of maple syrup
4 tbsp of molasses
4 tbsp of honey
2 tsp dry mustard (I've heard that some people use Dijon mustard instead)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp apple cider vinegar

Soak your beans overnight, at least 8 hours, I soaked mine probably close to 12 or 13 hours. 

Drain your beans and put them in your crockpot, add salt and water (I did a little more than this recipe so I put enough in just to cover them). Cook on high for 6 hours. Strain off foam.

In the last 1/2 hour of your beans cooking, get the rest ready to go. Cook up your bacon and brown your onions.  Add the remaining ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, stir until well mixed. Once the 6 hours is up, add the bacon, onion and sauce and cook on high for another 30 mins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Bread

I've always loved making bread, but I've never really been good at it. I think it was a mixture of having old ingredients and having...