Beef Roast Slow Cooker Recipe, with Veg

Lately I've been finding myself short on time with all that there is to do around the house, the yard, etc to get everything buttoned up for winter and make sure we have enough food and fuel for winter. So my boyfriend and I have been using the slow cooker a lot these days. So I'm going to share with you this wonderful recipe that had all my coworkers drooling with jealousy when I brought in leftovers.


Beef Roast Slow Cooker Recipe with Vegetables

Cook Time: 5-6 hours
Prep Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

2 lb Beef Roast 
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce 
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 Carton Beef Broth or Oxo cubs with water (enough to cover everything)
Salt and pepper to taste 
4 Potatoes cubed
2 Carrots sliced
1/2 onion diced or slivered
1 Celery diced

(Note: I use two crock pots for this recipe, you many not be able to fit it all in yours)

Rub the roast down with the 1/2 of the dry seasonings a let it sit while you are cutting your vegetables (note: you can let it marinade as long as you want to). Add the roast and a good amount of vegetables to the slow cooker. Fill with broth and liquid seasonings, enough to cover everything. In your second crock pot (if you are just using one large one ignore this step), put the rest of the vegetables and the dry seasonings, mix around. Next fill with broth and the liquid seasonings. 

Cook on high for 2 hours and then low for 4-6 (depending on the size of your roast and how you like your roast cooked). Note: you may have to turn down the one that is just vegetables before the roast as they cook faster.

To make gravy: add just enough corn starch or flour to the liquid from the crock pot to thicken it, it already has an excellent flavour. If you like a darker gravy, add a bit of coffee grinds to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Bread

I've always loved making bread, but I've never really been good at it. I think it was a mixture of having old ingredients and having...