Slow Cooker Stuffing

If you read my last post, you know that I spent this last few weeks with no oven, but you see I've already bought 3 used ovens in the last 6 months so I'm hesitant to buy another used one.. So I'm saving up for a brand new one.

Anyways, with Canadian Thanksgiving a few weekends ago, and American Thanksgiving still coming up, and then Christmas after that, I figured might as well share this fantastic stuffing recipe with you all.

Now you will have to be careful because it does tend to stick to the sides of the slow cooker, you'll want to do this one while your at home.


Slow Cooker Stuffing

Cook Time: 3 - 4 hours

Ingredients
  • 2 loaves of bread, cubed and dried
  • 1 Tbsp Savory
  • 1 Tbsp Sage
  • 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Pepper
  • 1 tsp Dill
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 1 stalks of celery chopped
  • 1/4 package of thick cut bacon precooked 
  • Handful of chopped mushrooms
  • 1 to 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
  • 1 egg, whisked
In a large bowl, combine the bread, the dry ingredients, the onion, celery, bacon and mushrooms. Let this sit for 20 - 30 minutes and let the flavours combine. 

Now put the bread mixture into your slow cooker, and add your egg, toss it with your hands to get everything coated. Next, slowly add your broth, you don't want it to be too wet, but not too dry, remember you can always add more but you can't take any away.

Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. This is one slow cooker recipe that you will need to keep an eye on though, as it will stick to the sides, and it needs to be stirred every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Bread

I've always loved making bread, but I've never really been good at it. I think it was a mixture of having old ingredients and having...